Skip to main content

The Summer School on Social Human-robot Interaction (HRI), 26-30 August 2013

It was definitely the experience of a lifetime. The event was excellently organized. Thank you for the opportunity given for me to participate. Will do a detailed update later in this blogpost. Till then feast your eyes with some of the pictures taken during the school.



During the one-hour train ride from London to Cambridge
Registration on 25th August 2013

Welcoming drink reception. 

At 7.45 am on Day 1. Still jet-lag I guess..
Day 1: Hands on atelier with Aldebaran Robotics.
First time I got to meet a blue-NAO!

With Lucia Pais, postgraduate student from EPFL, Lausanne.
We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Christ's College Upper Dining Hall everyday.

Hands-on atelier: Hacking the Keepon robot.

Prof Kim Bard  (Professor of Comparative Developmental Psychology, University of Portsmouth) was the first one to drop by at my poster presentation area
Meet Photchara Ratsamee, doctoral candidate from Osaka University





My number 1 research supporter!
I am truly honoured that Prof Kerstin Dautenhahn took the time to look and comment on my poster.

Closing of the KASPAR atelier with Dr Ben Robins, Prof Kerstin Dautenhahn and Luke Wood (Adaptive Systems Research Group, University of Hertfordshire. 

Punting trip down the River Cam. Awesomely breathtaking!

Our treasure-hunting team!

The treasure map was confusing. So we took a break :)

31st August 2013: Merdeka (Independence) Day for Malaysia.

A momento picture of the organizers and participants of the Summer School of Social HRI 2013



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a hooding ceremony?

I have always been intrigued by this event called 'the hooding ceremony' since I began my student life in UiTM about 3 years ago. This term always come to my attention and 'pops out' during the UiTM convocation ceremony. Yesterday I saw a post on the hooding ceremony (again) when my other half was browsing through IPSis UiTM's FB page. IPSis wrote that 52 PhD graduates had successfully completed their studies in UiTM and will receive their scroll in the 81st convocation ceremony. Picture take from IPSis UiTM's Facebook page Another picture take from IPSis UiTM's Facebook page Now, what is a hooding ceremony? It is simply a ceremony held for students graduating with a master’s or PhD degree. The placing of the hood signifies the passage from student to 'master's' or ‘PhD'. The hooding ceremony and recognition of students’ accomplishments draw attention to the scholarly and the personal achievements of the candidates for g

Call for Participants: PhD Forum during IEEE-IRIS2015 Conference in Langkawi (19th October 2015)

“ It always seem impossible until it’s done ”- Nelson Mandela Are you facing difficulties during your PhD study? Feeling like your path to PhD is a lonely journey? Or you have just had your Viva and have lots of experience to share with others? Come and join this special event for aspiring, current and future doctorates! Completing a PhD is an odyssey. In fact, successfully undertaking a PhD degree requires self-determination, diligence, and the capacity for critical but constructive thinking as well as a thorough understanding of the relevant academic discipline. The PhD (Doctoral) Forum is one of many special programs organized as part of the 2015 IEEE 3rd International Symposium on Robotics and Intelligent Sensors (IEEE-IRIS2015). The 3-hour, interactive session will be held on the second day of the symposium (19 th October 2015). PhD Forum aims to p rovide a setting for mutual feedback on participants' current research projects and guidance on future

🌻 NEW BEGINNINGS 🌸

Assalamualaikum wbth and good day hi everyone!  It is now July 2023 and I’m so excited to start this new chapter in my life 😊. I am happy to share that I am now a lecturer/researcher at the Advanced Medical and Dental Institute (AMDI), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) in Kepala Batas, Pulau Pinang. Wish me luck! “ Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler. ” ~Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) The only constant thing in this life is change. Hence, new beginnings, and new adventures for me. Let's do this!  💃🏻 My last day at the Faculty of Manufacturing Engineering, UTeM, Melaka (June 2023) Reminiscing: my last working day at the Department of Higher Education, MOHE, Putrajaya (September 2022) For any proposals to collaborate just reach out to me at syamimi.s@usm.my. ✌