Skip to main content

MYDIMA Charity Run & Roll 2016 on 14 August 2016 at PUSAT REHABILITASI PERKESO, MELAKA

Assalamualaikum
Dear readers,

Hope you are in the pink of health. Alhamdulillah our faculty had kicked-off the new semester for 2016/2017 on 5th September 2016. So I'd better update this little blog of mine before us lecturers get very (too) busy with classes, supervision and all :)

Recently 14th August, my colleagues at UTeM and I took part in a charity run at PERKESO Rehabilitation Center, Melaka which is just 5 minits away from our Durian Tunggal Campus.



There were the five different categories to choose from and we took part in the 5 KM Fun Run.


Source: https://mro.myraceonline.com/myd16/registrations

We had loads of fun in support of MYDIMA (Malaysian Disability Managers' Association) and it was a great way to spend our Sunday (even though we had to wake up really early). 



There's a drone to take pictures of the event! Alhamdulillah it was a beautiful Sunday morning
The Wheeler's category

And we're off for the 5 KM run. My son wants to take part as well :)

Oh dear, still a long way to go...

Runners from UTeM :p

In case you're wondering, here's some information about MYDIMA taken from their official website (www.mydima.org).

"MYDIMA telah ditubuhkan dibawah Peruntukan Undang-undang Pendaftar Pertubuhan ( Akta Pertubuhan 1966) sebagai sebuah pertubuhan bukan kerajaan. Ditubuhkan pada 25 Ogos 2011 dimana mesyuarat pertamanya telah di adakan di Menara PERKESO Kuala Lumpur. Pertubuhan ini menghimpunkan pelbagai disiplin ahlinya dalam bidang pengurusan hilang upaya bagi menjalankan aktiviti-aktiviti sokongan sosial kepada golongan terbencana dan OKU. Profesional yang bernaung di bawah pertubuhan ini terdiri daripada Pakar Rehabilitasi, Doktor Perubatan, Pengurus Kes (Case Manager), Pegawai Pemulihan dan ahli-ahli yang bergiat secara langsung dalam bidang pengurusan hilang upaya."

That's all for now! Cheerios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🌻 NEW BEGINNINGS 🌸

Assalamualaikum wbth and good day hi everyone!  It is now July 2023 and I’m so excited to start this new chapter in my life 😊. I am happy to share that I am now a lecturer/researcher at the Advanced Medical and Dental Institute (AMDI), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) in Kepala Batas, Pulau Pinang. Wish me luck! “ Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler. ” ~Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) The only constant thing in this life is change. Hence, new beginnings, and new adventures for me. Let's do this!  💃🏻 My last day at the Faculty of Manufacturing Engineering, UTeM, Melaka (June 2023) Reminiscing: my last working day at the Department of Higher Education, MOHE, Putrajaya (September 2022) For any proposals to collaborate just reach out to me at syamimi.s@usm.my. ✌

What is a hooding ceremony?

I have always been intrigued by this event called 'the hooding ceremony' since I began my student life in UiTM about 3 years ago. This term always come to my attention and 'pops out' during the UiTM convocation ceremony. Yesterday I saw a post on the hooding ceremony (again) when my other half was browsing through IPSis UiTM's FB page. IPSis wrote that 52 PhD graduates had successfully completed their studies in UiTM and will receive their scroll in the 81st convocation ceremony. Picture take from IPSis UiTM's Facebook page Another picture take from IPSis UiTM's Facebook page Now, what is a hooding ceremony? It is simply a ceremony held for students graduating with a master’s or PhD degree. The placing of the hood signifies the passage from student to 'master's' or ‘PhD'. The hooding ceremony and recognition of students’ accomplishments draw attention to the scholarly and the personal achievements of the candidates for g...

UiTM 104th HOODING CEREMONY FOR THE PhD GRADUATES ON 5TH MAY 2026

Assalamualaikum wbth and good day Hello everyone :) About ten years ago, I wrote about the hooding ceremony for UiTM’s PhD graduands. At that time, I shared my thoughts on how meaningful this ceremony was, not only for the students but also for the supervisors who had walked alongside them throughout their doctoral journey. The Hooding Ceremony is a special recognition ceremony for doctoral degree students. During the ceremony, the supervisors and their students are invited on stage for a photo session, symbolising the successful completion of the PhD journey. It is a simple yet deeply meaningful moment, as it reflects years of hard work, perseverance, sacrifice and academic growth. This year, I felt truly honoured and proud to be part of the hooding ceremony for my PhD student, Dr. Muhammad Aliff Rosly . Although I served as his co-supervisor, the joy I felt was no less meaningful. Seeing a student complete a PhD is always a special experience. It reminds us that supervision is not on...